Neon bright shades are the hottest trend of this season and while many people would love to wear neon shades, they find difficulty in pulling such shades off. I recently purchased NYX Round lipstick ‘Louisiana‘ which is a blue based bright pink shade.
This was my first time trying out such a bright shade and I decided to keep the look simple with thick winged liner and soft pink blush.
Here is how you can wear a neon pink lipstick :
- Keep it simple with thick black slightly winged liner on the upper lash line and lots of mascara.
- Apply just a hint to kohl/black pencil/gel liner on lower lash line to define and give shape to your eyes.
- Leave the waterline bare or apply flesh toned pencil to give a neat bright look.
- Fill in your brows with dark brown eyeshadow/pencil and apply compact under the browbone for a neat crisp look.
Products I used :
1. Maybelline drama gel liner on upper lash line thickly and just a hint of it on lower lash line.
2. MAC Chromagraphic pencil on waterline, inner corner and under brows.
3. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
4. Angular brush for applying gel liner.
Whenever wearing a bright bold lipstick, it is important to even out any pigmentation and patches using concealer and a good coverage foundation because bright lipstick tends to draw attention to the imperfections of the face.
- Even out your skin using concealer under the eyes, around the nose and mouth and on any blemishes.
- Apply a medium-full coverage foundation all over face and neck and set it with compact.
- Apply a cool toned soft pink blush all over the apples of the cheeks and blend towards hairline.
- For a balanced, classy look – Black/white/beige/taupe- neutral monochrome outfits
- Deep dark cool blues like navy blue- preferably monochrome
- Subtle fine colorful prints that don’t have any particular color standing out.
- For a bright and colorful spring/summer look : Pair with monochrome dresses/tops in colors like green or yellow for a fresh young look.
Have you tried neon pink lipstick? Which is your favorite bright pink lipstick shade? Share your comments by replying below.
When I first started wearing lipsticks, I first had a fixation for pinks followed by a love for reds (read Revlon Colorburst ‘Crimson’ :) ). My current favorites are however neutral/natural shades. I like my nude/neutral lipsticks to have a hint of color otherwise it gives a washed out look to the face. The beauty of such shades as compared to completely nude shades is that they can be worn on their own as well as paired with dramatic eye makeup!
Here is my collection of neutral/natural shade lipsticks-
1. Maybelline color sensational ‘My Mahogany’ (Price- Rs 299)
Nude shade with warm pink undertone.
2. Colorbar longwear ‘En Vogue’ (Price- Rs 440)
Cool toned nude pink shade
3. Lakme Satin enrich #133 (Rs 225)
Warm peachy-brown nude shade with slight pink undertone.
4. Colorbar DIVA ‘Dress to Impress’ (Rs 350)
Mid tone pink with a mauve undertone.
5. Chambor Silk touch ‘Silk Woods’ (Rs 525)
Brown based nude shade.
6. Lotus herbals pure color ‘Rosewood’ (Rs 225)
Warm brownish-pink shade- gives a very natural look.
7. Lakme enrich matte #263 (Rs 225)
Peachy-brown shade a pink undertone.
My favorites among these are Lakme enrich #133, Colorbar DIVA ‘Dress to Impress’, Lotus pure color ‘Rosewood’ and Lakme enrich matte #263.
What are your favorite natural/neutral lipsticks? Share your comments by replying below.
My blog has undergone some changes recently and there are some more to come which I’d like to share with you.
While moving to my own domain did not affect my subscribers and stats in any way, moving my blog from wordpress.com will. My content- pages, images and post will move to my new site but my subscribers will need to re-subscribe to the new site. The domain name shall remain the same and the links will redirect automatically to the new blog so that is not an issue.
I hope you all will continue to extend the warmth and support you have till now and move to the new site with me. I’m new to the technical aspects involved in this work and hopefully this change will be smooth and I will not lose any content. Though I know moving to a self-hosted blog has a lot of benefits, losing my subscribers here saddens me , I had been thinking of announcing a giveaway as I was close to hitting a landmark no. of subscribers. I’ll be making the transition in 1-2 days and the blog might not work properly in that time but for any queries,comments you can always mail me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or drop me a comment on Facebook or Twitter.
I am close to around 40,000 views, 97 published posts, 1787 comments and 50 email subscribers right now, after 5 months of blogging. Thank you all for your love and support and helping me reach till here.Will see you soon :)
Here are this week’s top ten favorite products and my Favorite look from the looks I wore this week. . MAC Smolder is a repeat from last week but I wore it a LOT this week and loved it! I’m not someone who wears eyeshadow everyday but I wore some of my MAC eye shadows almost everyday this week :)
1. MAC eyeshadow ‘Soft brown’. Worn HERE. (Rs 680)
4. Revlon colorburst lipstick ‘Crimson’. Worn HERE. (Rs 580)
5. Lakme enrich matte lipstick #263. Worn HERE. (Rs 225)
6. Bourjois lip liner #11. Worn HERE. (Rs 225)
7. MAC Smolder (Rs 790 )
8. Bourjois effet duochrome eye liner #62 Brun mordore. Worn HERE. (Rs 330)
9. Avon Simply pretty nail paint ‘Mango Mania’. Worn HERE. (Rs 55)
10. Bourjois liner clubbing ‘Ultra Black’ . Worn HERE. (Rs 525)
My favorite look this week was -
Products used :
1. MAC Paint pot ‘Painterly’
2. Bourjois duochrome liner # 62 Brun Mordore (bronze shade)
3. MAC Smolder
4. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
1. The Body shop oil free foundation
2. Chambor silver shadow compact
3. The Body shop cheek color #5 (tea rose)
4. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
Revlon C0lorburst lipstick ‘Crimson’ (worn sheer)
What were your favorite products/looks this week? Share your favorites by commenting below.
To everyone who sent their lovely wishes for my birthday yesterday, Thank you so much!! My FB page was flooded with wishes and I could not reply to everyone individually but thank you all for dropping by :) And a special thanks to the IMBB family for their warmth..
Some of the things I received yesterday..
A long awaited NYX Cherry culture package ordered around a month ago during NYX sale..
Some MAC products I’ve wanted from a long time..picked up my Mum..
And a little something from someone 1800 km away whose presence was sorely missed..