Copper/Black eye makeup TUTORIAL
Today I’m doing a Copper/Black eye makeup tutorial using Chambor eyeshadow trio #85 Mystic. I wore this look in my previous post HERE and Neha requested me to do a tutorial for the eye makeup.
This is a very simple look and I have used all shades from the Chambor ‘Mystic’ trio i.e lid color, crease color and browbone highlight shade.
This is for you Neha, hope you find it useful!
List of products used :
1. BeYu eye base
2. Lakme rose powder
3. Chambor eye shadow trio #85 Mystic
4. Lotus Herbals kajal
5. Maybelline black gel eyeliner
6. Maybelliner colossal volume mascara
7. Faces eyeshadow brush, angled brush, Q-tips
Step 1- Moisturizing and priming
- I used my regular Neutrogena oil free moisturizer which I use all over face on my eyes as well so that the lids and under eye is properly hydrated. If you use specific cream for your lids/under eye area, you should use that here.
- Next, I have applied BeYu eye base which brings out the color of eye shadows and helps them last longer too.
- After this I have applied loose powder all over my lid so that blending becomes easier. I am using Lakme rose powder.
Step 2- Copper eyeshadow
- After dusting a little amount of loose powder all over lids using a fluffy brush, pat copper eyeshadow all over the lid ending at the crease.
Step 3- Grey/Black eyeshadow
- Next, take a small amount of the the grey/black eyeshadow and pat it 3/4th of the way on the crease and on the outer corner making a horizontal ‘V’ as shown.
Step 4- Blending
- Blend using a fluffy brush along the contour of the eye (in the crease,taking it slightly above) and on the outer V. Take a small quantity of loose powder on the brush, pat it on the area to be blended and then blend with a light hand in a to-and-fro motion.
Step 5- Browbone highlighting
- Take the golden highlight shade and apply in under the brow from the highest point of the arch outwards till the end of the brow.
- Blend it with the crease color using more loose powder.
Step 6- Clean up excess
- Clean up the excess in the inner corner using moistened q-tip.
- Clean up the outer corner along a line joining the outer corner of the eye to the outer end point of the brow as shown.
Step 7- Apply a LOT of kajal
- Apply a lot of kajal on your waterline.Let it be enough to run out beyond the water line to the lash line.
- Now using an angled brush or smudging brush, pick up a little bit of the grey black shade and smudge the kajal on your lower lash line. Extend it outward at the outer corner to form a wing.
- Clean up any excesses with a q-tip.
Step 8- Inner corner
- Apply the same highlight shade used on the brow bone to the inner corner of the eye. This will instantly brighten up your eyes.
Step 9- Apply liner and mascara
- Apply winged eye liner on the upper lash line and top off with lots of mascara. Make sure to apply mascara properly on the outermost corners as this gives definition to the eyes and can easily get ignored.
You can apply eye shadow/eye pencil to define your eye brows .
Here’s the final look.
The copper is not showing up as pigmented as it is in this picture 😦
Have you used Chambor eye shadows ? Which is your favorite trio ? Let me know your comments by replying below.
Posted on February 4, 2011, in Chambor, Eyes, Tutorials and tagged chambor mystic eye shadow, copper black eye makeup, tutorial. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.
nicely explained ankita..
Thanks Bhumika 🙂
lovly combo 🙂 looks grt on u
Thanks a lot Bee!
hey ankita, if u apply loose powder after applying ur eyeshadow base.. does it reduce the adhesive power of the base to any extent..?
Its works the other way round Neha , it ‘sets’ the base. Its like using a compact/powder on your face after using foundation(base). The advantage of using loose powder is that it really helps in blending the eye shadows.
You’re welcome Neha 🙂
Pingback: Tweets that mention Copper/Black eye makeup TUTORIAL « Corallista Makeup Blog -- Topsy.com