Shimmery sky blue eye makeup + FOTD
While winter trends were all about the smokey look for the eyes, spring trends bring us pastel shades in blue, green, lime ,coral and orange to play around with. With spring just around the corner, its time to get colorful !
Inspired by the runway makeup for Spring/Summer 2011 collections, here’s a Shimmery sky blue eye makeup look using Colorbar eyeshadow #007 Aqua Marine.
Here’s the final look
Products used for eye makeup :
1. Chambor dazzle pencil ‘Grey’
2. Colorbar eye shadow single #007 ‘Aqua marine’
3. Bourjois ombre stretch eye shadow #14
4. Maybelline chai latte quad (for crease color and highlight shade)
5. Lotus herbals kajal (sorry missed it out in the pic!)
6. Maybelline gel eye liner
7. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
8. Faces eye shadow brush
- First, I applied and smudged the grey pencil on the lids to give a base to the shimmery sky blue eyeshadow. Without a base it appears very light, almost silvery blue.
- Next, I applied the shimmery blue shadow to the entire lid up to the crease after which I applied the dark blue eye shadow on the outer corner.
- After applying the dark blue on the outer corner, I applied dark brown on the crease and blended it well with the blue shades.
- Next, I applied the highlight shade on the browbone and blended it with the crease color.
- To give a more open look to the eyes, I applied some of the shimmery blue shade in the inner corners of the eyes.
- Next, I applied lots of kajal and smudged it on the lower lash line using a moist brush loaded with the dark blue eyeshadow.
- Lastly, I applied winged black eye liner and finished the look with a coat of mascara.
Products used for the lips :
1. Chambor lip liner ‘nude’
2. Lotus Herbals pure color lipstick ‘Peach creme’
3. Maybelline water shine gloss ‘Beige Sensation’
Products used for the face:
1. MAC Studio fix fluid foundation NC 40
2. Chambor silver shadow ‘RR2’
3. Colorbar blushes: Just Earth(contouring), Peachy Rose
For the perfect spring look, my pick for an outfit for this makeup look would be a simple white shirt, blue jeans with silver earrings. What outfit would you pair with this look ?
Have you tried spring/summer inspired pastel eyes ? Which is your favorite look for spring/summer?
Let me know your comments by replying below.
Posted on February 5, 2011, in Colorbar, Eyes, Looks, Lotus Herbals and tagged peach lips, shimmery sky blue eye makeup, spring trend. Bookmark the permalink. 22 Comments.
hw did u like the peach lippie? and awesome look .:)
Thank you Zeeba! Oh I love the shade of this lipstick. I did not have a peach one and this is the perfect peach for me. Its really good texture wise but the packaging is a little flimsy I used it for the first time for this look so can’t say much about the lasting power yet.
It looks beautiful, Ankita. 🙂 I loved that colorbar blue eyeshadow. I’ll check it out. :))
Thank you so much Rati 🙂 Ya have a look at that eyeshadow, without base its almost silvery and works really well for inner corners. With base, it comes out a nice shimmery sky blue as you can see.
very pretty ankita…nd lippie combo looks awesum..
Thanks Bhumika! I really like this Maybelline gloss ‘Beige sensation’. Its gives a nice shine without altering the lipstick shade much.
needless to say ankita its sooooper pretty….!!!!
🙂 Thank you so much Neha!
Very pretty., love the lips specially…
Thank you Mehak!
Beautiful Ankita………………………gorgeous eye makeup
Thank you Jomol!
Ankita you look beautiful!!! :* its superb!!!
Thanks a lot Ik!! Did you try the blue smokey look ?
i did i didddd!!! hhaha but it looked so funnyyy… i am embarrassed!!:P
🙂 Well now you can make your own version of it with *Siahi* !! Apply siahi on inner 3/4th of the lid and some black shadow/smudgy pencil on the outer corners!
oh yesss… I’ll pakka try it again.. i mean i really messed it up… plus with my close set eye, i couldn’t get the blue to work for me!:P
I bet *siahi * will work for you! You anyway like its subtler effect right?! You know, my first lipstick from MAC will also be cosmo , I’m so sure 🙂
hahaha I’m not surprised… a lot of people i know said this!!!:) i hope it works.. i love siahi so much… Im wearing it everydayyy. instead of the thick black eyeliner… !!!!!:D
Actually that’s the only lipstick I’ve tried from MAC. I’m wearing it in my gravatar pic. Siahi is such a wearable pretty color! I’m gonna get it ..if its still available. Do try smokey look with siahi. 🙂
really? get it! cause it looks beautiful on you!!! I will try the look 100% 😛 and get siahi if you can lay your hands on it.. its really nice!:)
Pingback: Spring/Summer Look #1 Quick everyday look with colored liners « Corallista Makeup Blog