Orange lipstick : REVLON 'Misty Rust' swatches, FOTD and NOTD
Spring is almost here and as predicted by many beauty and fashion bloggers, ORANGE is going to be the hot color this season.
While most people would cringe at the thought of orange lipstick or orange eye shadow, it is actually one of the colors that can instantly brighten up your face especially when worn on the lips. A bright fluorescent orange may not suit a lot of skin tones but there are a lot of other variations of orange which are universally flattering- burnt rusty orange, brownish orange, bronzy orange etc.
This is my take on how to sport the orange lips look.
On a well moisturized face, apply light/medium coverage foundation, golden/light brown subtle eyeshadow(optional) with brown/black liner, a little brownish blush in the hollow of the cheeks with bronzer on the apples of the cheeks and lastly, the orange lipstick.
I’ve paired this makeup with a simple white shirt and minimal accessories. Whenever is doubt about what clothes to pair with bright/eye catching makeup, always go for white, black, beige i.e neutral colors and keep the accessories minimal. Let the makeup be the star of the show!
This looks is best suited for the day time though it can be jazzed up for the evening by adding a little more gold to the eyes. The lipstick I have applied is a matte shade ‘033 Misty Rust‘ from REVLON matte lipstick range. Another shade worth having is ‘Sienna‘ from Revlon Colorburst range. Its not a true orange but a beautiful brown-red-orange which would be very flattering on all skin tones.
Here is the step wise breakdown of the look:
Products used for eyes :
1. Chambor Dazzle eye pencil ‘102 Gold Dazzle’
2. Essence quattro eyeshadow quad ‘ 01 Ciao Bella!’
3. Lotus Herbals kajal
4. Bourjois Kohl and Contour pencil ’03 Brun Expressif’
5. Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara
1. Apply golden pencil on eye lids and smudge all over till the crease, apply golden on inner corners of eyes too.
2.Apply a subtle highlight shade under the brow bone (can also use compact powder here and skin highlighter)
3. Next, apply lots of kajal on the waterline and smudge it a little on the lower lash line.
4. Apply brown/black liner on upper lash line. If using brown in pencil form, apply on lower lash line also.
5. Finish off with a coat of mascara.
Products used for face:
1. The Body Shop oil free foundation ’06 Honey’
2. Chambor silver shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose pale’
3. Colorbar blush ‘Just earth’ (for the hollow of the cheeks)
4. Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder (bronzer) ( apple of the cheeks)
Products used for lips :
1. Chambor nude lip liner
2. Revlon matte lipstick ’33 Misty Rust’
This is the finished look.
Keeping up with the orange fever, this is ‘Orange Alert’ from Lotus herbals COLOR DEW nail enamel. The quality of the nail paint is excellent though the color is not that interesting- its neither completely bright (fluorescent) nor completely burnt and rusty, its somewhere in between. A more apt description would be hanuman ji-teeka orange 😛
Since this is the only orange in this range I would have preferred a more burnt rusty orange shade (like the lipstick).
Have you tried orange lipstick? What eye makeup do you like pairing it with? Let me know your comments by replying below.