Monthly Archives: March 2011
Lakme Fantasy collection was launched earlier this month and even the not-so-fond-of-Lakme bloggers have been raving about the products launched in this collection. I must say Lakme has outdone itself this time. This collection is full of vibrant hues and lots of shimmer and it was a hard time choosing just a few products. The most popular selling products from this range are the ones that are unique to this collection- the cheek artist and the eye shimmer sticks.
I picked up the Cheek Artist in shade ‘Kiss of a Rose’ , Enrich Satin lipstick in shade no. 133 and liquid eye liner in shade ‘moonshine top coat’.
Cheek artist ‘Kiss of a rose’– Super easy to apply and blend and gives a beautiful natural glow, its hard to tell that you’re wearing blush. Kiss of a rose is a matte blush whereas the other peach shade has very fine shimmer. Perfect for everyday wear and the intensity of the color can be built up. I will definitely repurchase this!
Enrich satin lipstick #133– Beautiful nude brown shade with earthy pink undertone. MLBB shade for me. I’ll be reaching out for this shade a lot!
Liquid eye liner ‘Moonshine top coat’ – I picked up the transparent one containing multi colored shimmer particles. The shimmer is very fine and now gritty at all. It can be added on top of any liner to give it a shimmery look. I’ve worn it on top of Chambor Dazzle ‘purple’ eye liner here. A very versatile and useful product!
Here I am wearing Lakme enrich satin lipstick #133, Moonshine top coat eye liner over Chambor Dazzle eye pencil ‘Purple’ and Cheek artist ‘Kiss of a rose‘. The camera is unfortunately not picking up the color of the cheek artist very well. It is more pigmented than how it appears here.
I have also worn the Cheek artist Kiss of a rose in my post on Natural Pink makeup HERE .
Overall, I’m loving everything I’ve picked up from this collection! Will recommend everyone to check out the products.
What did you pick up from the Lakme Fantasy collection ? Let me know by replying below.
I wanted to try a lime green eye makeup with more of yellow in the inner lid transitioning to lime green at the outer corner. The lemon yellow of the Coastal Scents 88 palette however turned out a little chalky and not so well pigmented so the eye makeup look looks more lime green than yellow. I’ve used MAC Siahi as base which has also added to the blue-green element.
1. Apply MAC Siahi as base all over lid. Smudge.
2. Apply yellow e/s to inner half of lid and light lime green e/s on outer half.
3. Apply dark green eye shadow on outer corner.
4. Blend at crease with matte brown eyeshadow. Apply highlight shade on browbone and blend with crease.
5. Line waterline with brown pencil. Smudge on lower lash line using dark green eyeshadow.
6. Line upper lash line with dark green pencil.
7. Apply shimmery silver-gold e/s on inner corner.
8. Finish off with volumizing mascara.
What lipstick should be paired with this eye makeup ? Have you tried lime or yellow eye shadows? Let me know your comments by replying below.
Here’s another look for the summer with orange lips, this time with neutral frost brown eyeshadow and bronzed face. In my previous look with orange lips, I’d paired it with golden/ brown eyes and peachy bronzed cheeks HERE.
Orange lips are not difficult to carry provided you choose a shade suitable for your complexion and pair it with neutral eye and cheek makeup. I have chosen a burnt rusty orange shade as I find it more flattering for my skin tone than a neon orange. This is more of an evening makeup look and goes best with neutral color clothing- white, black, beige and other nude shades.
Summary of the look-
On a well moisturized face, conceal required areas, apply foundation, set with powder and apply shimmery bronzer on apples of cheeks and blend out till hairline. With the remaining bronzer on the brush, lightly dust it all over the face for a ‘bronzed’ look. For the eyes, apply frosty medium-dark brown eyeshadow on the entire lid and blend out at crease with dark brown matte eye shadow. Apply kohl on lower lash line and brown liner on upper lash and finish off with mascara. Using lip brush apply the orange lipstick evenly on the lips.
Products used for eye makeup :
1. MAC eyeshadow ‘Twinks’ (all over lid)
2. Maybelline chai latte quad (dark brown crease color)
3. MAC Smolder (kohl on waterline)
4. Bourjois kohl and contour eye pencil ‘Brun expressif’ (Dark brown shade for lining upper lash line)
5. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
6. Brushes- unbranded brush for applying shadows, MAC 222 (For blending)
1. Apply Twinks (Frosty plum-brown) eyeshadow all over lid.
2. Using blending brush, blend out the color at the crease using a dark brown matte eyeshadow.
3. Apply compact powder under browbone for a neat look.
4. Apply kohl on waterline, smudge on lower lash line using angular/pencil brush loaded with dark brown matte eyeshadow.
5. Line upper lash line with dark brown eye pencil (to keep the eyes soft and not steal focus from the lips)
6. Finish off with a coat of mascara.
Products used for face :
1. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
2. MAC Studio fix fluid foundation NC 40
3. Chambor compact powder ‘RR2 Rose pale’
4. Revlon sunkiss radieux bronzer
5. Brushes – MAC 188 (foundation), The Body Shop face and body brush (compact), Vega blush brush (Bronzer)
Products used for lips :
Revlon matte lipstick ‘Misty Rust’
Final look –
I did this makeup for my entry for IMBB Most Fashionable Summer look. Click HERE to view.
Have you tried orange lipsticks ? What eye makeup and outfit do you like pairing it with? Let me know your comments by replying below.
Today I’m doing a Neutral bronzed look which is quite in vogue this summer and can be worn with any outfit, western or traditional for the daytime or evening.
Final look :
Summary of the look-
On a well moisturized face, conceal required areas, apply foundation, set with powder and apply bronzer on the apple of the cheek swept up to the hairline. Dust the remaining powder on brush all over face for a lightly bronzed look. For the eyes, apply frosty brown eyeshadow all over lid , highlight browbone and inner corner, line eyes with brown pencil and finish off with mascara. For the lips, use a natural shade lipstick and finish off with clear or pink-beige gloss.
Products used :
1. MAC eyeshadows- Sable , Twinks
2. Maybelline chai latte quad (browbone highlighter, crease shade)
3. Bourjois Kohl and Contour eye pencil ‘Brun expressif’ (dark brown shade for lining upper lash line)
4. MAC Smolder (kohl on waterline)
5. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
6. MAC #222 brush (for blending) , unbranded brush for applying shadows.
You can apply single eyeshadow all over lid or use 2 shades- one lighter and one darker (of same color and undertone). I have used 2 shades here- Sable and Twinks. Both are frosty brown shades with plum/red undertone but Twinks is a little darker than Sable.
1. Apply Sable on inner half of lid, Twinks on outer half.
2. Using blending brush , blend in the crease with matte dark brown eyeshadow.
3. Apply brow bone highlight shade under brow and in the inner corner near the tear duct. Blend the brow bone shade with the crease color.
4. Apply kohl on waterline, smudge on lower lash line with dark brown matte eyeshadow (Crease color).
5. Line upper lash line with brown pencil for a softer look. Finish off with a coat of mascara.
1. MAC Studio fix fluid foundation NC40
2. Chambor silver shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose pale’
3. Revlon Sunkiss radieux (bronzer)
4. Brushes- MAC #188 (foundation), The Body Shop Face and Body brush(for compact) and Vega blush brush for bronzer)
1. Maybelline moisture extreme lipstick ‘Chocolate Temptation’
2. Maybelline watershine lip gloss ‘Beige Sensation’
Finished look –
Do you wear bronzers? Which is your favorite bronzer? Let me know your comments by replying below.
MAC eye shadows I own-
1. Cranberry (frost finish reddish pink with bluish undertone)
This was my first MAC eyeshadow along with Amber lights. A very versatile pink shade, more on the dramatic side, can be used for a variety of looks. I’ve worn it paired with purple HERE, with MAC siahi HERE and HERE
2. Plum dressing (true purple-plum shade with veluxe pearl finish)
3. Twinks (deep plum brown shade- darker than sable, with veluxe pearl finish)
4. Amber lights (peachy golden-bronze)
Very flattering golden/bronze shade. Have worn it with brown in the crease HERE.
5. Sable (medium plum brown with taupe undertone with frost finish)
Each MAC eyeshadow single costs Rs 900 and in pan Rs 680. If you’re looking to build your collection, its better to invest in a an empty palette and fill it up with shadows in pans over time. The palettes comes designed to hold either 4 or 15 eyeshadows. At Rs 680 or 900 , they are definitely not cheap but the texture, lasting power and pigmentation justifies the price.
Plum dressing, Sable and Twinks are new additions to my MAC palette and I will be doing looks with them soon.
Which eye shadow did you like best? Which are your favorite MAC eye shadows? Let me know your comments by replying below.