Red smokey eye look with Coastal Scents 88 Palette + FOTD
Today I’m doing a red smokey eye look using Coastal Scents 88 palette.
For this look, I’ve paired softly smoked red smokey eye with maroonish red lipstick in one look and red-pink lipstick in another with a little bronzer applied at the apples of the cheeks.
I’ve paired this makeup with a simple white top to avoid any color clashes.
Products used for eyes :
1. BeYu eye base (not pictured)
2. Bourjois Kohl and contour eye pencil #03 Brun Expressif (dark brown shade)
3. Coastal Scents 88 original palette (encircled shades)
4. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
5. Brushes- Faces eyeshadow brush, MAC 222(For blending), unbranded angular brush
Red shade- all over lid
Light peachy shade- Browbone, inner corner
Dark brown shade(Appearing dark grey in the picture)- Crease, lower lash line
1. Prime eyes using primer/base and apply brown eye pencil all over lid and smudge.
2. Apply red eyeshadow all over lid.
3. Using blending brush, smoke out and blend the red eye shadow at the crease using dark brown eye shadow.
4. Apply highlight shade (light peach shade used here) under brow bone and inner corner. Blend with the crease color.
5. Apply lots of brown kohl on water line, smudge at lower lash line using angular/pencil brush.
6. Finish with lots of mascara. (I’ve skipped eye liner here as I prefer smokey eye looks without eye liner)
Finished eye makeup – Red Smokey eye look
Products used for face-
1. The Body Shop oil free foundation #06
2. Chambor Silver Shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose Pale’
3. Revlon Bronzer
4. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC45.5
5. Brushes- The Body Shop face and body brush, Vega blush brush
6. The Body Shop sponge (for foundation)
Products used for lips-
1. Nivea fruity shine ‘pomegranate’
2. Lakme aquashine ‘Sangria’
3. Maybelline color sensational ‘Hooked on Pink’
For maroon red lips- Lakme aquashine ‘Sangria’
For red-pink lips- Lakme aquashine ‘Sangria’ + Maybelline color sensational ‘Hooked on Pink’
What lipstick would you pair with red smokey eyes? Let me know your commentd by replying below.
Posted on March 20, 2011, in Coastal Scents, Eyes, Lakme, Looks and tagged coastal scents 88 palette, colorful eyes 2011 summer trends, lakme aquashine lip color, maybelline colorsensational hooked on pink lipstick, red smokey eye, sangria, smokey red eye for brown eyes. Bookmark the permalink. 19 Comments.