Heavy kohl lined eyes with red lips FOTD
Few days back one of the readers AD asked me if heavy kohl lined eyes would look good with red lips with reference to the eye makeup worn by Kareena Kapoor in Kurbaan. I tried the look today and I quite liked the effect! Thanks AD!
The kohl looked heavier and darker than how it is appearing in the picture.
Summary of the look :
On a well moisturized face, conceal required areas, apply foundation and set with compact powder. For the eyes, apply light brown matte eyeshadow all over lid, apply heavy kohl on lower lash line and brown pencil on upper lash line and finish with mascara. Apply matte brown blush under the cheekbones and fill in lips with red lipstick using a brush for precise application.
Products used for eye makeup :
1. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
2. MAC Smolder (on water line and lower lash line)
3. Bourjois kohl and contour pencil ‘Brun expressif’ (dark brown shade)
4. Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette
5. The Body Shop smudging brush
1. Apply concealer under the eyes as well as on the lids. Blend well and set with compact.
2. Apply matte light brown eye shadow all over the lid.
3. Using MAC Smolder (or any other blackest black liner) apply a thick line on the waterline and smudge it with black eyeshadow on the lower lash line with a smudging brush. This will set the kohl and prevent it from smudging and giving raccoon eyes.
4. Line upper lash line with a medium thick line using matte brown liner pencil.
5. Finish off with mascara.
1. The Body Shop oil free foundation ’06’
2. Chambor Silver shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose pale’
3. Colorbar ‘Just Earth’ blush(applied lightly under the cheekbones)
4. The Body Shop sponge
Revlon colorburst lipstick ‘Crimson’
Vega lip filler brush
Final look :
Did you like the heavy kohl lined eyes and the red lips combo? Let me know your comments by replying below.
Posted on April 20, 2011, in Eyes, Lips, Looks, M.A.C, Revlon and tagged classic red lips look, heavy kohl lined eyes, MAC smolder, red lips, revlon coloburst crimson. Bookmark the permalink. 21 Comments.