Category Archives: Chambor
My favorite neutral/natural lipsticks: Swatches and FOTDs
When I first started wearing lipsticks, I first had a fixation for pinks followed by a love for reds (read Revlon Colorburst ‘Crimson’ 🙂 ). My current favorites are however neutral/natural shades. I like my nude/neutral lipsticks to have a hint of color otherwise it gives a washed out look to the face. The beauty of such shades as compared to completely nude shades is that they can be worn on their own as well as paired with dramatic eye makeup!
Here is my collection of neutral/natural shade lipsticks-
1. Maybelline color sensational ‘My Mahogany’ (Price- Rs 299)
Nude shade with warm pink undertone.
2. Colorbar longwear ‘En Vogue’ (Price- Rs 440)
Cool toned nude pink shade
3. Lakme Satin enrich #133 (Rs 225)
Warm peachy-brown nude shade with slight pink undertone.
4. Colorbar DIVA ‘Dress to Impress’ (Rs 350)
Mid tone pink with a mauve undertone.
5. Chambor Silk touch ‘Silk Woods’ (Rs 525)
Brown based nude shade.
6. Lotus herbals pure color ‘Rosewood’ (Rs 225)
Warm brownish-pink shade- gives a very natural look.
7. Lakme enrich matte #263 (Rs 225)
Peachy-brown shade a pink undertone.
My favorites among these are Lakme enrich #133, Colorbar DIVA ‘Dress to Impress’, Lotus pure color ‘Rosewood’ and Lakme enrich matte #263.
What are your favorite natural/neutral lipsticks? Share your comments by replying below.
Chambor dazzle eye liner pencil Review, Swatches
Today I’m reviewing Chambor dazzle eye liner pencil. I have the shades Black, Purple, Grey, Teal and Gold from this range. From the no. of shades I own, you can guess as to how much I love these eye pencils! The first one I picked for the purple one and the formula and staying power was so good that I purchased more shades later.
Price: Rs 445
Quantity : 0.28 g
What the website says:
Chambor’s New DAZZLE EYEPENCILS with its innovative formula allows smooth application and perfect color with a one stroke precise application. At a party or even for everyday wear the colorful dazzling pencil light’s up your eyes.
The transformation from a dark room to a magically lit up one will never fail to charm, attract or DAZZLE you…. Much like Chambor’s New DAZZLE EYEPENCILS with its new skate formula that allows for smooth application and perfect colour with a one stroke precise application. At a party or even for daily wear this pencil and the colours it is available in will go a long way to Dazzle you.
- No Animal Ingredients.
- Non – Comodogenic.
- Dermatologist Tested.
- Opthalmologist Tested.
Shade selection: It comes in 9 shades- Black, Brown, Blue, Green, Purple, Teal, Gold, Silver and Gray. Most shades have a pearl/glossy finish.
Simple eye contouring TUTORIAL + FOTD
Today I’m doing a tutorial on how to do a simple contoured eye.
For the eye, contouring simply means working in deeper socket area with a dark eye shadow and on the raised/bony areas with a lighter (highlighter) eye shadow.
Products used :
1. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
2. Bourjois kohl and contour pencil ‘Brun expressif’
3. Chambor eye shadow trio ‘Bronze’
4. MAC fluidline ‘Blacktrack’
5. Brush : MAC 219 -smudging
6. Brush : MAC 239 – eye shadow application
7. Brush : MAC 222 – blending
8. Faces cosmetics mascara
Bare eye –
Step 1- Start by concealing and priming the eye. I am using concealer in the eye as well as the lid. This will act as primer for eye shadow too. Alternatively,you can use a primer or paint pot after concealing.
Step 2 – Blend the concealer using patting motions using third finger.
Step 3 – Set the concealer with powder. I’m using Chambor compact with a fluffy brush (MAC 222)
Step 4– Now , on the primed eye, draw a line using dark brown eye pencil on the upper lash line , outer corner and socket as shown. The line need not be very precise as we will smudge it in the next step. Apply the brown pencil to the waterline as well.
Step 5- Smudge the line drawn in the previous step using a smudging brush.
Step 6 – Apply a neutral light shade in the lid 3/4th of the way starting from inner corner. I’m using a pink shade from Chambor ‘Bronze’ eyeshadow trio. It is nude pink shade but the pink is washed out because of the flash. It appears more like a muted lavender shade on the lid.
Step 7 – Take a dark brown eye shadow and apply in on the outer corner and crease (socket). Apply highlight shade on brow bone and blend with the crease color.
Step 8 – Blend the shades using a blending brush as shown. Start from the outer corner and move the brush towards the inner corner in a semi-circular motion (following the contour of the eye) and the same way back. Repeat the to and fro semi circular motion with the brush till the blending is done.
Step 9 – Apply liner on upper lash line and just a hint of it on the lower lash line, mascara and clean up the ends using a Q-tip.
Finished eye makeup :
Products used for face makeup –
1. The Body Shop oil free foundation
2. Chambor Silver shadow compact
3. Colorbar blush – Crimson Rose
4. Brushes : MAC 188(foundation ), TBS face and body brush , blush brush
Products used for lips –
Faces creme matte lip gloss ’03 Deep Lilac’
Finished look :
Let me know your comments by replying below.
Party makeup#1 : Simple golden look FOTD
Today I’m doing a simple copper- gold party makeup look . The overall look is quite subtle yet party wear. The key to this look is lots of fine golden shimmer used as lid color and highlighter on cheeks to give a glow to the face. This look is easy to do and will go best with ethnic wear having copper/gold work.
Summary of the look :
On a well moisturized face, conceal required areas , apply foundation and set with powder. For the eyes, use MAC cream color base is ‘Improper Copper’ (or any other copper/gold shimmery eye shadow) all over lid and blend till brow bone,set with golden eyeshadow, apply brown liner on upper lash line, kohl on water line and finish with mascara. For the cheeks, apply earthy pink blush on apples and hollows of cheeks and lots of golden highlighter on cheekbones. Apply earthy pink lipstick and top off with gloss.
Products used :
1. MAC Cream color base ‘Improper Copper’
2. Chambor blush #59- Star Delight (Yes! blush as eyeshadow 😛 )
3. Bourjois Kohl and Contour pencil ‘Brun expressif’ (dark brown shade)
4. MAC Smolder
5. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
6. Brushes : MAC 222 (blending) , The Body Shop smudging brush, The Body shop eyeshadow application brush
The eye makeup is very simple with all over lid application of golden-copper eye shadow, smudged liner, kohl and mascara.
1. Apply golden/copper cream/powder eye shadow all over lid, build it up to high intensity and blend it out towards the browbone. I have MAC Cream color base in ‘Improper copper’. Its a golden-copper shade with lots of subtle gold shimmer.
2. Next, I’ve used Chambor blush ‘#59 Star Delight’ as all over lid color to set the cream base. The blush is basically an deep earthy pink shade. When I opened the packaging I found out that it had a lot of fine golden shimmer on the top. The shimmer is very fine and I’m using it as a highlighter/eyeshadow till I finish off the top golden layer and reach the actual blush shade.
3. Next, I’ve applied Bourjois Kohl and Contour pencil on upper lash line and smudged it.
4. Applied MAC Smolder on waterline and finish off with mascara.
Products used :
1. The Body Shop oil free foundation ’06’
2. Lakme rose powder (warm)
3. MAC Cream color base ‘Improper Copper’
4. Lakme blush ‘Rose Crush’
5. Chambor blush ‘#59 Star delight’
6. The Body shop face and body brush (not pictured)
7. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5(not pictured)
1. Apply conceal on required areas, apply foundation, set with powder.
2. Apply MAC Cream color base in ‘Improper Copper’ on cheekbones and blend towards hairline.
3. Apply Lakme ‘rose crush’ (matte earthy pink) blush on apples and hollows of cheeks, blend towards hairline.
4. Lastly, apply the golden shimmer as highlighter on cheekbones and blend towards hairline.
1. Lotus pure color lipstick ‘Pink Blush’
2. Maybelline watershine gloss ‘Naked Brown’
The lip color is not showing up well in some pics. This is how it looks –
Final look :
Whats your quick party makeup look? Let me know your comments by replying below.
Spring/Summer Look#2 : Turquoise blue and forest green eye makeup for day/evening
This is look #2 of my Spring/Summer Look Book. Look #1 was Everyday makeup using colored liners.
Blue and green and my favorite shades for bright spring/summer eye makeup. For this look, I have paired a very popular color this season- turquoise blue, with forest green for the eyes with nude lips for the daytime and plum lips for the evening.
On a well moisturized face, apply foundation ,set it with compact and apply bronzer on cheeks. For the eyes, pair a turquoise blue eyeshadow with dark green( outer half of lid) and pair this with nude lips for the daytime and glam it up with plum lips for the evening.
I have kept the turquoise shade intense only on the inner half of lid and blended it out with dark green to keep the look subtle and wearable.
This is the final look (with nude lips )
This is the final look (with plum lips)
Products used for the eyes :
1.BeYu eye base (primer)
2. Bourjois baked eyeshadow #2 (turquoise shade)
3. BeYu eye shadow single #114 (forest green shade)
4. Maybelline chai latte quad (browbone highlight shade)
5. Lotus herbals kajal
6.Maybelline gel liner ‘black’
7. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
8. Faces brush
1. Prime eye lids using concealer + foundation or eye base.
2. Apply turquoise blue eyeshadow on inner half of the lid using a slightly wet brush.
3. Apply dark green shade on outer half of lid and crease. Blend the 2 with brush using loose powder.
4. Apply brow bone highlight shade and blend with the crease color.
5. Apply kajal on water line. Using brush smudge it on the lower lash line with the turquoise eye shadow.
6. Apply thin line with black liner on upper lash line ( you can make the line thicker if wearing for evening)
7. Finish off with a coat of mascara.
Products used for face :
1. The Body Shop oil free foundation #6 Honey
2. Chambor silver shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose Pale’
3. Revlon colorstay mineral finishing powder ‘Sunkiss Radieux’
4. Brushes – Foundation ( M.A.C 188), Bronzer ( Vega blush brush)
Products used for lips
Nude lips – Chambor silk touch ‘Silk Woods’
Plum Lips– Revlon Super lustrous ‘Plumalicious’
Final look :
Which look did you like more- daytime or evening ? Have you tried turquoise for eye makeup ? Let me know your comments by replying below.