Category Archives: Lakme
This is a quick look for summer days when you don’t have a lot of time for elaborate makeup or days when you don’t want to wear too much makeup and yet look presentable and glowing. I call this the Natural Pink look. The most important elements of this look are concealer and a natural pink blush. These 2 products alone can give a lot of lift and glow to the face.
What you need (products I’ve used are in brackets) :
1. Concealer ( for under eyes , area around nose and mouth ) (MAC Select moisture cover NC 45.5)
2. Compact or loose powder (Chambor Silver shadow compact)
3. Pink blush closest to your skin tone (Lakme fantasy collection cheek artist ‘Kiss of a rose’)
4. Natural pink gloss (Bourjois nouveau effet 3D ’03 Brun rose academic’)
5. Brown eye pencil (optional) (Bourjois kohl and contour eye pencil ‘Brun expressif’)
6. Kohl / kajal and mascara (MAC Smolder and Maybelline colossal volume mascara)
1. Moisturize face well. Everyone needs moisturizer even if your skin is oily, even in summers! The best option for oily/combination skinned people is Lacto calamine.
2. Conceal under eye areas and areas around nose/mouth if you have pigmentation there.
3. Next, set the face with compact or loose powder if you’re using a powder blush. If you’re using a cream/gel based blush, apply powder after applying the blush.
4. Face makeup completed, apply matte brown eye pencil on upper lash line and smudge slightly with brush or finger.
5. Apply kohl to waterline and smudge lightly to lower lash line.
6. Apply mascara to eye lashes.
7. Finish the look with a natural pink gloss that is closest to the color of your lips.
What would be your choice of blush and lip color for a natural pink look ? Let me know your comments by replying below.
Lakme Fantasy collection was launched earlier this month and even the not-so-fond-of-Lakme bloggers have been raving about the products launched in this collection. I must say Lakme has outdone itself this time. This collection is full of vibrant hues and lots of shimmer and it was a hard time choosing just a few products. The most popular selling products from this range are the ones that are unique to this collection- the cheek artist and the eye shimmer sticks.
I picked up the Cheek Artist in shade ‘Kiss of a Rose’ , Enrich Satin lipstick in shade no. 133 and liquid eye liner in shade ‘moonshine top coat’.
Cheek artist ‘Kiss of a rose’– Super easy to apply and blend and gives a beautiful natural glow, its hard to tell that you’re wearing blush. Kiss of a rose is a matte blush whereas the other peach shade has very fine shimmer. Perfect for everyday wear and the intensity of the color can be built up. I will definitely repurchase this!
Enrich satin lipstick #133– Beautiful nude brown shade with earthy pink undertone. MLBB shade for me. I’ll be reaching out for this shade a lot!
Liquid eye liner ‘Moonshine top coat’ – I picked up the transparent one containing multi colored shimmer particles. The shimmer is very fine and now gritty at all. It can be added on top of any liner to give it a shimmery look. I’ve worn it on top of Chambor Dazzle ‘purple’ eye liner here. A very versatile and useful product!
Here I am wearing Lakme enrich satin lipstick #133, Moonshine top coat eye liner over Chambor Dazzle eye pencil ‘Purple’ and Cheek artist ‘Kiss of a rose‘. The camera is unfortunately not picking up the color of the cheek artist very well. It is more pigmented than how it appears here.
I have also worn the Cheek artist Kiss of a rose in my post on Natural Pink makeup HERE .
Overall, I’m loving everything I’ve picked up from this collection! Will recommend everyone to check out the products.
What did you pick up from the Lakme Fantasy collection ? Let me know by replying below.
Today I’m doing a red smokey eye look using Coastal Scents 88 palette.
For this look, I’ve paired softly smoked red smokey eye with maroonish red lipstick in one look and red-pink lipstick in another with a little bronzer applied at the apples of the cheeks.
I’ve paired this makeup with a simple white top to avoid any color clashes.
Products used for eyes :
1. BeYu eye base (not pictured)
2. Bourjois Kohl and contour eye pencil #03 Brun Expressif (dark brown shade)
3. Coastal Scents 88 original palette (encircled shades)
4. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
5. Brushes- Faces eyeshadow brush, MAC 222(For blending), unbranded angular brush
Red shade- all over lid
Light peachy shade- Browbone, inner corner
Dark brown shade(Appearing dark grey in the picture)- Crease, lower lash line
1. Prime eyes using primer/base and apply brown eye pencil all over lid and smudge.
2. Apply red eyeshadow all over lid.
3. Using blending brush, smoke out and blend the red eye shadow at the crease using dark brown eye shadow.
4. Apply highlight shade (light peach shade used here) under brow bone and inner corner. Blend with the crease color.
5. Apply lots of brown kohl on water line, smudge at lower lash line using angular/pencil brush.
6. Finish with lots of mascara. (I’ve skipped eye liner here as I prefer smokey eye looks without eye liner)
Finished eye makeup – Red Smokey eye look
Products used for face-
1. The Body Shop oil free foundation #06
2. Chambor Silver Shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose Pale’
3. Revlon Bronzer
4. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC45.5
5. Brushes- The Body Shop face and body brush, Vega blush brush
6. The Body Shop sponge (for foundation)
Products used for lips-
1. Nivea fruity shine ‘pomegranate’
2. Lakme aquashine ‘Sangria’
3. Maybelline color sensational ‘Hooked on Pink’
For maroon red lips- Lakme aquashine ‘Sangria’
For red-pink lips- Lakme aquashine ‘Sangria’ + Maybelline color sensational ‘Hooked on Pink’
What lipstick would you pair with red smokey eyes? Let me know your commentd by replying below.
My coastal scents 88 original palette arrived finally and here is a quick look I did today.
This a parrot green smokey eye look paired with dusty pink lipstick and bronzer on the cheeks.
On a well moisturized face, apply light foundation , set it with compact and apply a little bronzer on the cheeks. For the eyes, prime the lids and apply MAC Smolder and smudge, apply parrot green eye shadow on outer 2/3rd of lid, lime green on inner 1/3rd and blend at crease with dark brown eye shadow. Apply black liner on upper lash line and finish off with a coat of mascara. Apply dusty pink or peach lipstick on the lips.
This is the finished look –
Products used for EYES :
1. BeYu eye base
2. MAC Smolder
3. Coastal scents 88 original palette ( encircled and starred shades)
4.Maybelline black gel liner
5. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
6. Brushes- FACES eye shadow brush, MAC 222 (for blending)
7. MAC select moisture cover NC 45.5
Lightest shade- browbone highlight, inner corner
Second shade (lime green)- inner 1/3rd lid
third shade (parrot green)- outer 2/3rd of the lid
Dark brown shade- crease
Products used for face:
1. The Body Shop oil free foundation ’06’
2. Chambor silver shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose Pale’
3. Revlon bronzer
4. Vega blush brush
5. The Body Shop sponge
Products used for lips:
1. Lakme aquashine lip color ‘Fig’
Final look –
Let me know you comments by replying below.
Today I’m reviewing ‘Lakme True wear nail color’ in shade ‘Freespirit #D416 Manish Malhotra‘.
Price : Rs 90
Quantity: 9 ml
Packaging: It comes in a square bottom bottle with rounded edges with a square type cap – the standard Lakme nail paint packaging. The brush if of good quality and application is easy.
Consistency : The consistency is very good. Single coat gives even glossy color on the nails. Application of 2 coats further deepens the color.
The only problem I had with this nail paint was that in the bottle it appeared like a deep reddish pink but on the nails it turned out to be a maroon color- more red than how it appeared in the bottle. Since a tester was not available when I had purchased it, I could not see the shade on my nails.
Lakme has recently launched another range of nail paints – ‘Nine to Five’ long wear nail color which are priced at Rs 180. These must have amazing staying power because the regular range of Lakme itself stays on without chipping for 4-6 days depending on the handling.
Staying Power: I had applied 2 coats of this nail paint without a top coat and it has barely chipped except a little bit at the tips after 5 days.
The GOOD about Lakme true wear nail color #D416
1. Sturdy packaging with good quality brush
2. Doesn’t chip upto 5-6 days even without top coat
3. Good consistency, single coat sufficient to give glossy color to nails
4. Reasonable drying time ( doesn’t dry super fast like Lotus nail enamels but not very slow like Maybelline either )
5. Decent pricing for the quality
The NOT-SO-GOOD about Lakme true wear nail color #D416
1. The color didn’t turn out the same on the nails as in the bottle in case of this shade.
Will I repurchase it? Yes, even though the shade didn’t turn out as expected but I still like it. I like Lakme nail paints and will continue to use them.
Final Verdict: It is a good quality nail paint with even consistency, good quality brush and very good staying power. It dries reasonably fast and single coating required to get desired shade. This particular shade is very flattering to the nails and anyone who likes red, maroon nail paints should give this a try.
Rating: 4.5/5 (for difference in color on the nails and in the bottle)
Have you tried Lakme True wear nail color? Let me know your comments by replying below.