Category Archives: Looks
Neon bright shades are the hottest trend of this season and while many people would love to wear neon shades, they find difficulty in pulling such shades off. I recently purchased NYX Round lipstick ‘Louisiana‘ which is a blue based bright pink shade.
This was my first time trying out such a bright shade and I decided to keep the look simple with thick winged liner and soft pink blush.
Here is how you can wear a neon pink lipstick :
- Keep it simple with thick black slightly winged liner on the upper lash line and lots of mascara.
- Apply just a hint to kohl/black pencil/gel liner on lower lash line to define and give shape to your eyes.
- Leave the waterline bare or apply flesh toned pencil to give a neat bright look.
- Fill in your brows with dark brown eyeshadow/pencil and apply compact under the browbone for a neat crisp look.
Products I used :
1. Maybelline drama gel liner on upper lash line thickly and just a hint of it on lower lash line.
2. MAC Chromagraphic pencil on waterline, inner corner and under brows.
3. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
4. Angular brush for applying gel liner.
Whenever wearing a bright bold lipstick, it is important to even out any pigmentation and patches using concealer and a good coverage foundation because bright lipstick tends to draw attention to the imperfections of the face.
- Even out your skin using concealer under the eyes, around the nose and mouth and on any blemishes.
- Apply a medium-full coverage foundation all over face and neck and set it with compact.
- Apply a cool toned soft pink blush all over the apples of the cheeks and blend towards hairline.
- For a balanced, classy look – Black/white/beige/taupe- neutral monochrome outfits
- Deep dark cool blues like navy blue- preferably monochrome
- Subtle fine colorful prints that don’t have any particular color standing out.
- For a bright and colorful spring/summer look : Pair with monochrome dresses/tops in colors like green or yellow for a fresh young look.
Have you tried neon pink lipstick? Which is your favorite bright pink lipstick shade? Share your comments by replying below.
Here are this week’s top ten favorite products and my Favorite look from the looks I wore this week. . MAC Smolder is a repeat from last week but I wore it a LOT this week and loved it! I’m not someone who wears eyeshadow everyday but I wore some of my MAC eye shadows almost everyday this week 🙂
1. MAC eyeshadow ‘Soft brown’. Worn HERE. (Rs 680)
4. Revlon colorburst lipstick ‘Crimson’. Worn HERE. (Rs 580)
5. Lakme enrich matte lipstick #263. Worn HERE. (Rs 225)
6. Bourjois lip liner #11. Worn HERE. (Rs 225)
7. MAC Smolder (Rs 790 )
8. Bourjois effet duochrome eye liner #62 Brun mordore. Worn HERE. (Rs 330)
9. Avon Simply pretty nail paint ‘Mango Mania’. Worn HERE. (Rs 55)
10. Bourjois liner clubbing ‘Ultra Black’ . Worn HERE. (Rs 525)
My favorite look this week was –
Products used :
1. MAC Paint pot ‘Painterly’
2. Bourjois duochrome liner # 62 Brun Mordore (bronze shade)
3. MAC Smolder
4. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
1. The Body shop oil free foundation
2. Chambor silver shadow compact
3. The Body shop cheek color #5 (tea rose)
4. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
Revlon C0lorburst lipstick ‘Crimson’ (worn sheer)
What were your favorite products/looks this week? Share your favorites by commenting below.
This is a quick everyday eye makeup look I tried today using the eyeshadows ‘SABLE‘ and ‘CRANBERRY‘ from MAC.
Read further to see complete breakdown and steps used to achieve this simple everyday wear look.
Products used :
1. MAC Paint pot ‘Painterly’
2. MAC Eyeshadows – Sable, Cranberry.
3. Colorbar I-glide eye pencil ‘Cocobar’
4. Bourjois kohl and contour pencil ‘Brun expressif’
5. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
6. Faces eye shadow brush
7. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
1. Apply primer or base on lids first. I’ve applied MAC Paint pot ‘Painterly’ all over the lid , crease and blended towards brow bone.
2. Apply Sable (plummy brown neutral shade) all over lid with an eyeshadow application brush(using Faces eyeshadow brush)
3. Take Cranberry (deep pink with plum-brown undertone) on a soft fluffy brush (using the same Faces brush) and apply in outer corner and crease and blend towards brow bone.
4. Apply compact powder under brow bone for a neat look.
5. Apply brown/black liner, brown kohl and keep the look soft.
6. Finish with a coat of mascara.
Products used for face:
1. The Body shop oil free foundation.
2. Chambor silver shadow compact
3. Lakme cheek artist ‘Kiss of a rose’
For lips :
Subtle look : For a more subtle, work appropriate look, bring out the brown in the eyeshadow shades by pairing with a neutral peachy brown or brownish pink nude lipstick. I have used Lakme enrich matte #263.
Vibrant look : Play up the pinks in the eyeshadow by pairing with a rosy pink lipstick like Lotus herbals pure color lipstick ‘Pink Blush’
Which look did you like more- the subtle one or the vibrant one?
I’d been wanting these two products since a long time and finally got these yesterday. Here is a simple eye makeup I did with it.
1. MAC Paint pot ‘Painterly’
2. MAC Eyeshadow ‘Soft brown’
3. Colorbar I-glide pencil ‘Cocobar’
4. MAC Smolder
5. MAC select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
6. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
This is super simple everyday eye makeup.
1. Apply paint pot Painterly all over lid. Apply ‘soft brown’ eyeshadow all over it and blend in crease with compact.
2. Apply brown eye pencil on upper lash line, kohl on waterline.
3. Conceal under eye area, set with compact.
4. Finish off with mascara.
I applied paint pot with fingers first and it looked very patchy and frankly quite horrible. I wiped that off with cleanser and then tried with a random brush and it came out better without any patchiness but still not perfect. Guess I need more practice to get comfortable in its application.
Painterly is a soft beige color with a pink undertone and soft brown is a light brown with an orange undertone and together they give a neutral eye and also brighten up the eyes.
Whats your neutral everyday eye makeup look? Share your comments by replying below.
Today I’m reviewing one my favorite products- one you have seen me use very often in my looks- Revlon colorstay mineral finishing powder ‘Sunkiss Radieux‘. Basically, this product is a bronzer containing very fine bronze colored shimmer particles which can be used in many different ways.
Story behind my purchase: This is one of my earliest makeup purchases. I’d just started reading about makeup and the products I was really fascinated with were ‘bronzer’ and ‘highlighter’. I was Beauty Centre, Khar and I asked the Colorbar SA for a bronzer. She did not understand what I meant by ‘bronzer’ but the Revlon SA at the next counter heard me and directed me to her counter where she showed me this product. Now what I was actually looking for a contouring powder but I did not know what to call it then, so I just kept referring it to as bronzer. The moment she showed me this product, I was mesmerized by the baked finish and the bronze and brown veining in the product! It was expensive but since I was shopping with my Mum she told me to take it. The Revlon SA also showed me a highlighter by the name of illuminating powder but that was quite expensive too so I decided to just pick up the bronzer.
Price: Around 1400-1500
Quantity: 8.79 g
Packaging says: All over enhancing color in a talc-free mineral formula with Colorstay longwear.
My experience with the product :
Packaging: It comes in a square packaging with the baked powder sitting in a dome shape at the centre and a transparent lid on the top. The packaging is sturdy, travel friendly and the transparent lid allows the user to see the bronzer. I find the packaging very attractive! The quantity provided is a lot..8.79 gms and it has lasted me 6 months now and will easily do many more. The product was dome shaped when I had purchased it but with use it has flattened down.
The only con is that no brush or mirror is provided with it.
Ingredients: The product is not listed on the website and no information is given on the product except for ‘talc-free’ and ‘mineral’ formula. But it has never irritated my oily acne prone sensitive skin. I find it very comfortable and light to wear.
Formula: The formula is like that of the baked powder hence they are better compacted than normal powders having a harder surface. But the product is smooth and picks up very uniformly with a brush, sponge or even fingertips. The shimmer is very fine and not chunky and is not visible easily. It is just there is a micro form to add a satiny sheen to the skin. The color is a perfect mix of bronze-brown with an orange undertone and wud suit all skin tones beautifully.
This is my most used product hands down after sunscreen, kajal and lip balm and I tend to reach out for it everytime I do a warm toned makeup. Even with cool toned makeup, I use this just on the cheekbones for a bit of subtle highlighting. It is pigmented but not too pigmented and hence it is easy to use especially for beginners and the pigmentation can be built up. The different colored veining does not hinder the useability or alter the color of the product. Brush picks up uniform color.
WAYS TO USE THIS PRODUCT:
1. As blush on apples to cheeks and blended towards hairline.
2. Under the cheekbones and blended towards the apples of the cheeks.
3. As highlighter on cheekbones.
4.All over the face for a bronzed glow.
I generally use it as a blush using a brush and after applying it on the cheeks, I use the leftover product on the brush on the entire face.
Staying power : Used as a blush it lasts a long time. I’ve never worn it more than for more than 6-7 hours but I feel it can last even more than that. Fades evenly with time and the warm glow still remains on the face.
The GOOD about Revlon colorstay mineral finishing powder ‘Sunkiss Radieux’
1. Sturdy, attractive, travel friendly packaging.
2. Attractive product with baked finish showing bronze-brown veining.
3. Texture is smooth, pigmentation is good with buildable intensity.
4. Gives a warm glow to the skin that looks natural.
5. Shimmer is very fine and shows up only as a sheen on the cheeks.
6. Does make my oily skin look too shiny or accentuate the pores.
7. Coverage and color intensity is buildable- easy to use for beginners.
8. Multipurpose- use as blush, highlighter,all over face finishing powder.
9. Talc free and mineral based.
10. Stays on skin for a long time.
The NOT SO GOOD about Revlon colorstay mineral finishing powder ‘Sunkiss Radieux’
1. No brush or mirror with packaging.
2.Ingredients not given, product not listed on the site.
3. Expensive. But since the product itself is so awesome and it’ll last me a long long time, I find the price justified.
Here is how it looks on me –
Overall Verdict: Its a baked mineral powder with a bronze finish that can be used as blush, highlighter or all over the face for a subtle glow. The formula is brilliant and pigmentation can be built up for a more intense look. Comes in a very attractive packaging which is sturdy and travel friendly but lacks a mirror and brush. The shade will work well for all skin tones. Seems expensive but the product is excellent in quality as well as quantity and last a long time.
Will I repurchase: Yes!
Do you use bronzers? Which is your favorite bronzer? Share your comments by replying below