Category Archives: M.A.C
Everyday pink-brown eye makeup look with MAC Sable & MAC Cranberry + FOTD
This is a quick everyday eye makeup look I tried today using the eyeshadows ‘SABLE‘ and ‘CRANBERRY‘ from MAC.
Read further to see complete breakdown and steps used to achieve this simple everyday wear look.
Products used :
1. MAC Paint pot ‘Painterly’
2. MAC Eyeshadows – Sable, Cranberry.
3. Colorbar I-glide eye pencil ‘Cocobar’
4. Bourjois kohl and contour pencil ‘Brun expressif’
5. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
6. Faces eye shadow brush
7. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
1. Apply primer or base on lids first. I’ve applied MAC Paint pot ‘Painterly’ all over the lid , crease and blended towards brow bone.
2. Apply Sable (plummy brown neutral shade) all over lid with an eyeshadow application brush(using Faces eyeshadow brush)
3. Take Cranberry (deep pink with plum-brown undertone) on a soft fluffy brush (using the same Faces brush) and apply in outer corner and crease and blend towards brow bone.
4. Apply compact powder under brow bone for a neat look.
5. Apply brown/black liner, brown kohl and keep the look soft.
6. Finish with a coat of mascara.
Products used for face:
1. The Body shop oil free foundation.
2. Chambor silver shadow compact
3. Lakme cheek artist ‘Kiss of a rose’
For lips :
Subtle look : For a more subtle, work appropriate look, bring out the brown in the eyeshadow shades by pairing with a neutral peachy brown or brownish pink nude lipstick. I have used Lakme enrich matte #263.
Vibrant look : Play up the pinks in the eyeshadow by pairing with a rosy pink lipstick like Lotus herbals pure color lipstick ‘Pink Blush’
Which look did you like more- the subtle one or the vibrant one?
Small MAC haul : Painterly paint pot and Soft brown eyeshadow EOTD
I’d been wanting these two products since a long time and finally got these yesterday. Here is a simple eye makeup I did with it.
1. MAC Paint pot ‘Painterly’
2. MAC Eyeshadow ‘Soft brown’
3. Colorbar I-glide pencil ‘Cocobar’
4. MAC Smolder
5. MAC select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
6. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
This is super simple everyday eye makeup.
1. Apply paint pot Painterly all over lid. Apply ‘soft brown’ eyeshadow all over it and blend in crease with compact.
2. Apply brown eye pencil on upper lash line, kohl on waterline.
3. Conceal under eye area, set with compact.
4. Finish off with mascara.
I applied paint pot with fingers first and it looked very patchy and frankly quite horrible. I wiped that off with cleanser and then tried with a random brush and it came out better without any patchiness but still not perfect. Guess I need more practice to get comfortable in its application.
Painterly is a soft beige color with a pink undertone and soft brown is a light brown with an orange undertone and together they give a neutral eye and also brighten up the eyes.
Whats your neutral everyday eye makeup look? Share your comments by replying below.
Aishwarya Rai Cannes 2011 inspired Blue and Bronze look
Today I’m doing a Blue and bronze look inspired by Aishwarya Rai’s Cannes 2011 makeup that she wore with the blue and white Armani Prive outfit.
I loved the blue used by the L’oreal artists on her lids but did not like the pairing with gold on the lower lash line. In my version of this makeup, I skipped the gold for a subtler coppery/bronze shade on the lower lash line.
Warm colors when paired with blues and green bring out their color because of the contrast and this is what I’ve done here. The blue shade used is a iridescent midnight blue shade (Read review HERE) and it quite bright , so I’ve kept the lip and cheek makeup understated with a nude warm lippy and bronzed cheeks for a balanced look.
The eye makeup is very simple and the most important product you need is a vibrant blue eyeshadow.
Products used :
1. Bourjois ombre stretch eyeshadow #14 ‘Blue Nuit irise’
2. Coastal scents 88 palette (marked shade)
3. VOV pigment (copper/bronze shade)
4. Lotus Herbals kajal
5. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
6. MAC Blending brush 222
1. Apply the blue shade all over lid. (Use primer first, I haven’t used one since I was testing the eyeshadow).
2. Blend the shade in the crease using marked shade from Coastal Scents palette and use it right upto the browbone.
3. Apply kohl on waterline.
4. Apply bronzer/coppery shade on lower lash line.
5. Finish off with mascara.
1. Lotus Herbals Naturablend swift makeup ‘Creamy Peach’
2. Chambor silver shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose pale’
3. Maybelline expert wear blush ‘Apricot flush’
4. Revlon colorstay mineral finishing powder ‘Sunkiss Radieux’
1. Lakme enrich lipstick #133 from Fantasy collection.
2. MAC Cream color base ‘Improper copper’
Finished look :
Does it look better with bronze or with Aishwarya’s gold? Let me know your comments by replying below.
Glowing Summer look with Bourjois Hi tech rouge tint and Revlon bronzer
This is the look I wore today using MAC Siahi fluidline and Bourjois hi tech rouge tint ‘Rose Pixel‘.
I used some different products than my usual for my face today and I quite liked the healthy glowing look it gave me.
1. MAC Siahi fluidline (on upper lash line and waterline)
2. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
1. Lotus safe sun intensive sunscreen spray SPF 50
2. L’oreal true match minerals powder
3. Chambor silver shadow compact
4. Bourjois hi tech rouge tint ‘Rose pixel’
5. Revlon colorstay mineral finishing powder ‘Sunkiss Radieux’
6. The body shop face and body brush
7. The body shop blush brush
1. After applying moisturizer and allowing to sink into the skin for 7-10 min, I applied the Bourjois lip/cheek stain on the apples of the cheeks and blended it using fingers.
2. Next, I applied Lotus spray sunscreen all over face and neck.
3. Since the sunscreen is slightly sticky in texture I skipped liquid/cream foundation and applied L’oreal true match minerals powder all over the face and neck.
4. Applied Chambor compact on T-zone for more matte coverage in the oily region.
5. Lastly, applied applied Revlon colorstay mineral finishing powder all over the cheeks.
Applied Bourjois hi tech rouge tint ‘Rose pixel’ and NYX Sheer gloss ‘HOT’ over it.
Final look :
Whats your secret to a glowing summer look? Let me know your comments by replying below.
You can share your everyday makeup breakdown on Facebook by adding me HERE.
Earthy copper and coral look FOTD
Today I’m doing a earthy copper and coral look. Copper and corals go very well together giving a lovely warm toned look. I have used a medium-shimmer copper eye shadow, earthy warm blush and coral lipstick.
Summary of the look :
On a well moisturized face, apply foundation , conceal required areas and set with compact. For the cheeks, apply a warm earthy blush under the cheekbones and blend upwards and outwards (towards the temples). For the eyes, apply primer orshimmery base (like MAC CCB) and apply coppery eye shadow all over the lid and soften the edges. Apply brown liner,brown kohl on waterline and gold/copper eye pencil or eyeshadow on the lower lash line. Finish off eye makeup with volumizing mascara. Apply coral lipstick on the lips.
Products used :
1. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5.
2. MAC Cream Color base ‘Improper Copper’
3. Essence color and shine eyeshadow ’02 Stage beauty’
4. MAC fluidline ‘Dipdown’
5. Chambor dazzle pencil- Golden
6. MAC 208 (angular brush for brown gel liner)
7. MAC 222 (for applying eye shadow)
8. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
1. The Body Shop oil free foundation
2. Chambor Silver shadow compact
3. The Body shop face and body brush
4. The Body shop blush no. 5
The body shop lipstick no. 63 (coral shade)
Final look :
What is your favorite warm earthy look combination? Have you tried copper with corals? Let me know your comments by replying below.