Today I’m doing a Blue and bronze look inspired by Aishwarya Rai’s Cannes 2011 makeup that she wore with the blue and white Armani Prive outfit.
I loved the blue used by the L’oreal artists on her lids but did not like the pairing with gold on the lower lash line. In my version of this makeup, I skipped the gold for a subtler coppery/bronze shade on the lower lash line.
Warm colors when paired with blues and green bring out their color because of the contrast and this is what I’ve done here. The blue shade used is a iridescent midnight blue shade (Read review HERE) and it quite bright , so I’ve kept the lip and cheek makeup understated with a nude warm lippy and bronzed cheeks for a balanced look.
The eye makeup is very simple and the most important product you need is a vibrant blue eyeshadow.
Products used :
1. Bourjois ombre stretch eyeshadow #14 ‘Blue Nuit irise’
2. Coastal scents 88 palette (marked shade)
3. VOV pigment (copper/bronze shade)
4. Lotus Herbals kajal
5. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
6. MAC Blending brush 222
1. Apply the blue shade all over lid. (Use primer first, I haven’t used one since I was testing the eyeshadow).
2. Blend the shade in the crease using marked shade from Coastal Scents palette and use it right upto the browbone.
3. Apply kohl on waterline.
4. Apply bronzer/coppery shade on lower lash line.
5. Finish off with mascara.
1. Lotus Herbals Naturablend swift makeup ‘Creamy Peach’
2. Chambor silver shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose pale’
3. Maybelline expert wear blush ‘Apricot flush’
4. Revlon colorstay mineral finishing powder ‘Sunkiss Radieux’
1. Lakme enrich lipstick #133 from Fantasy collection.
2. MAC Cream color base ‘Improper copper’
Finished look :
Does it look better with bronze or with Aishwarya’s gold? Let me know your comments by replying below.