Spring/Summer Look#2 : Turquoise blue and forest green eye makeup for day/evening
This is look #2 of my Spring/Summer Look Book. Look #1 was Everyday makeup using colored liners.
Blue and green and my favorite shades for bright spring/summer eye makeup. For this look, I have paired a very popular color this season- turquoise blue, with forest green for the eyes with nude lips for the daytime and plum lips for the evening.
On a well moisturized face, apply foundation ,set it with compact and apply bronzer on cheeks. For the eyes, pair a turquoise blue eyeshadow with dark green( outer half of lid) and pair this with nude lips for the daytime and glam it up with plum lips for the evening.
I have kept the turquoise shade intense only on the inner half of lid and blended it out with dark green to keep the look subtle and wearable.
This is the final look (with nude lips )
This is the final look (with plum lips)
Products used for the eyes :
1.BeYu eye base (primer)
2. Bourjois baked eyeshadow #2 (turquoise shade)
3. BeYu eye shadow single #114 (forest green shade)
4. Maybelline chai latte quad (browbone highlight shade)
5. Lotus herbals kajal
6.Maybelline gel liner ‘black’
7. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
8. Faces brush
1. Prime eye lids using concealer + foundation or eye base.
2. Apply turquoise blue eyeshadow on inner half of the lid using a slightly wet brush.
3. Apply dark green shade on outer half of lid and crease. Blend the 2 with brush using loose powder.
4. Apply brow bone highlight shade and blend with the crease color.
5. Apply kajal on water line. Using brush smudge it on the lower lash line with the turquoise eye shadow.
6. Apply thin line with black liner on upper lash line ( you can make the line thicker if wearing for evening)
7. Finish off with a coat of mascara.
Products used for face :
1. The Body Shop oil free foundation #6 Honey
2. Chambor silver shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose Pale’
3. Revlon colorstay mineral finishing powder ‘Sunkiss Radieux’
4. Brushes – Foundation ( M.A.C 188), Bronzer ( Vega blush brush)
Products used for lips
Nude lips – Chambor silk touch ‘Silk Woods’
Plum Lips– Revlon Super lustrous ‘Plumalicious’
Final look :
Which look did you like more- daytime or evening ? Have you tried turquoise for eye makeup ? Let me know your comments by replying below.
Soft green smokey eye FOTD using BeYu eyeshadow single
This is a soft green smokey eye look I did today using BeYu eyeshadow single #114 . I have paired this eye makeup with peachy pink blush with a little bronzer on the cheekbones and a peach-brown lipstick.
Green color by itself is symbolic of nature, life and freshness. When worn as eye liners or shadows green/blue shades add a pop of color to the face and are a welcome change from the monotony of black/brown/grey liners.
I’d been looking for a forest green shade without any yellow/grey/khaki undertone and my search ended at the BeYu counter where I found the perfect green I’d been looking for. Its a vibrant true forest green shade with frost finish.
This is the final look –
Products used :
1. BeYu eye base (not shown in picture)
2. Revlon eye liner crayon ‘black’
3. BeYu single eye shadow #114 (forest green shade)
4. Maybelline chai latte quad (for crease color and highlighter)
4. Lotus herbals kajal
5. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
6. Faces eye shadow brush
1. Apply eye primer all over lid upto the brow.
2. Apply black crayon pencil all over lid and smudge using third finger.
3. Apply green eye shadow shade all over lid.
4. Using a fluffy brush , apply dark brown shade to crease and blend.
5. Apply highlight shade under brow bone and blend with crease color using some loose powder.
6. Apply kajal on waterline. Using angular/smudging brush loaded with the green eye shadow, smudge the kajal onto the lower lash line.
7. Lastly, apply mascara to upper and lower lashes.
Products used for face :
Products used for lips:
For the lips I have mixed 2 shades here : Maybelline moisture extreme ‘Chocolate Temptation‘(light brown with pink/peach undertone) and Chambor Truly lasting ‘Truly brownsugar ‘(true brown shade)
The final look (the green is more pigmented than how it appears here)
I find darker shades of green very flattering for dark hair/dark eyes combination. For a more colorful and bold look- wear lime green+dark green combo or green+blue combo on the eyes. A soft dark green smokey eye with dark brown on the outer corner and crease is something that’ll suit everyone and a great way to sport a subtle yet colorful eye makeup.
Do you wear green eye shadows/ liners? What is your favorite way of sporting green eye makeup? Let me know your comments by replying below.