Spring/Summer look#7 : Daytime Natural Pink look
This is a quick look for summer days when you don’t have a lot of time for elaborate makeup or days when you don’t want to wear too much makeup and yet look presentable and glowing. I call this the Natural Pink look. The most important elements of this look are concealer and a natural pink blush. These 2 products alone can give a lot of lift and glow to the face.
What you need (products I’ve used are in brackets) :
1. Concealer ( for under eyes , area around nose and mouth ) (MAC Select moisture cover NC 45.5)
2. Compact or loose powder (Chambor Silver shadow compact)
3. Pink blush closest to your skin tone (Lakme fantasy collection cheek artist ‘Kiss of a rose’)
4. Natural pink gloss (Bourjois nouveau effet 3D ’03 Brun rose academic’)
5. Brown eye pencil (optional) (Bourjois kohl and contour eye pencil ‘Brun expressif’)
6. Kohl / kajal and mascara (MAC Smolder and Maybelline colossal volume mascara)
1. Moisturize face well. Everyone needs moisturizer even if your skin is oily, even in summers! The best option for oily/combination skinned people is Lacto calamine.
2. Conceal under eye areas and areas around nose/mouth if you have pigmentation there.
3. Next, set the face with compact or loose powder if you’re using a powder blush. If you’re using a cream/gel based blush, apply powder after applying the blush.
4. Face makeup completed, apply matte brown eye pencil on upper lash line and smudge slightly with brush or finger.
5. Apply kohl to waterline and smudge lightly to lower lash line.
6. Apply mascara to eye lashes.
7. Finish the look with a natural pink gloss that is closest to the color of your lips.
What would be your choice of blush and lip color for a natural pink look ? Let me know your comments by replying below.
Lakme Fantasy collection : My Haul, swatches and FOTD
Lakme Fantasy collection was launched earlier this month and even the not-so-fond-of-Lakme bloggers have been raving about the products launched in this collection. I must say Lakme has outdone itself this time. This collection is full of vibrant hues and lots of shimmer and it was a hard time choosing just a few products. The most popular selling products from this range are the ones that are unique to this collection- the cheek artist and the eye shimmer sticks.
I picked up the Cheek Artist in shade ‘Kiss of a Rose’ , Enrich Satin lipstick in shade no. 133 and liquid eye liner in shade ‘moonshine top coat’.
Cheek artist ‘Kiss of a rose’– Super easy to apply and blend and gives a beautiful natural glow, its hard to tell that you’re wearing blush. Kiss of a rose is a matte blush whereas the other peach shade has very fine shimmer. Perfect for everyday wear and the intensity of the color can be built up. I will definitely repurchase this!
Enrich satin lipstick #133– Beautiful nude brown shade with earthy pink undertone. MLBB shade for me. I’ll be reaching out for this shade a lot!
Liquid eye liner ‘Moonshine top coat’ – I picked up the transparent one containing multi colored shimmer particles. The shimmer is very fine and now gritty at all. It can be added on top of any liner to give it a shimmery look. I’ve worn it on top of Chambor Dazzle ‘purple’ eye liner here. A very versatile and useful product!
Here I am wearing Lakme enrich satin lipstick #133, Moonshine top coat eye liner over Chambor Dazzle eye pencil ‘Purple’ and Cheek artist ‘Kiss of a rose‘. The camera is unfortunately not picking up the color of the cheek artist very well. It is more pigmented than how it appears here.
I have also worn the Cheek artist Kiss of a rose in my post on Natural Pink makeup HERE .
Overall, I’m loving everything I’ve picked up from this collection! Will recommend everyone to check out the products.
What did you pick up from the Lakme Fantasy collection ? Let me know by replying below.