Spring/Summer look #6 : Quick look with Bourjois lip/cheek tint
This is a quick makeup look I did using Bourjois lip/cheek tint or Bourjois Rouge Hi-tech as the product is named.
Lip/cheek tints or stains are gel or water based products that can be used on the cheeks as well as the lips for a natural looking stained or ‘just bitten’ effect and are a great alternative to blush or lipstick/gloss. They set really quickly so they need to be blended in to the skin really fast. On application and blending, they sink into the skin and the color generally deepens over the course of next 2-3 min due to the body heat and the stain sets into a long lasting matte finish.
For more tips on how to use lip/cheek tint, read this post by Tanveer of Addicted to Blush HERE.
Foundations feel too heavy in day in the summers especially if you are likely to be out in the heat. I prefer skipping the foundation in the day time and only using a bit of concealer under my eyes and sunscreen on face set well with compact.
Products used :
1. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
2. Bourjois Rouge hi-tech tint ’84 Rose pixel’
3. Lotus 3-in-1 matte sunscreen (not pictured)
4. Chambor silver shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose pale’
5. The Body Shop face and body brush (for compact)
1. Apply a light moisturizer on face and neck .
2. Apply concealer to the under eyes and sides of the nose, mouth to cover any pigmentation.
3. Apply the lip/cheek stain directly on the apples of the cheeks , blend with fingers in dabbing and circular motions quickly before it sets.
4. Wait for 2-3 mins, than apply sunscreen over face and neck. I use Lotus-3-in-1 matte suncreen- it is very light, gets absorbed into the skin very fast to give a matte finish without leaving white cast on the face.
5. Lastly, apply compact or loose powder all over face and neck especially on the concealed parts to set the concealer.
1. Bourjois kohl and contour liner ‘Brun expressif’
2. MAC Smolder
3. The Body shop line softening brush
4. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
1. Apply brown liner on upper lash line and lightly smudge using softening brush.
2. Apply kajal /MAC Smolder on water line and smudge a little on the lower lash line with softening brush or third finger.
Bourjois rouge hi -tech ’84 Rose pixel’
Apply lip stain to centre of lips and spread evenly all over the lips.
Have you tried lip/cheek tints? Which is your favorite lip/cheek tint? Let me know your comments by replying below.
Lakme Fantasy collection : My Haul, swatches and FOTD
Lakme Fantasy collection was launched earlier this month and even the not-so-fond-of-Lakme bloggers have been raving about the products launched in this collection. I must say Lakme has outdone itself this time. This collection is full of vibrant hues and lots of shimmer and it was a hard time choosing just a few products. The most popular selling products from this range are the ones that are unique to this collection- the cheek artist and the eye shimmer sticks.
I picked up the Cheek Artist in shade ‘Kiss of a Rose’ , Enrich Satin lipstick in shade no. 133 and liquid eye liner in shade ‘moonshine top coat’.
Cheek artist ‘Kiss of a rose’– Super easy to apply and blend and gives a beautiful natural glow, its hard to tell that you’re wearing blush. Kiss of a rose is a matte blush whereas the other peach shade has very fine shimmer. Perfect for everyday wear and the intensity of the color can be built up. I will definitely repurchase this!
Enrich satin lipstick #133– Beautiful nude brown shade with earthy pink undertone. MLBB shade for me. I’ll be reaching out for this shade a lot!
Liquid eye liner ‘Moonshine top coat’ – I picked up the transparent one containing multi colored shimmer particles. The shimmer is very fine and now gritty at all. It can be added on top of any liner to give it a shimmery look. I’ve worn it on top of Chambor Dazzle ‘purple’ eye liner here. A very versatile and useful product!
Here I am wearing Lakme enrich satin lipstick #133, Moonshine top coat eye liner over Chambor Dazzle eye pencil ‘Purple’ and Cheek artist ‘Kiss of a rose‘. The camera is unfortunately not picking up the color of the cheek artist very well. It is more pigmented than how it appears here.
I have also worn the Cheek artist Kiss of a rose in my post on Natural Pink makeup HERE .
Overall, I’m loving everything I’ve picked up from this collection! Will recommend everyone to check out the products.
What did you pick up from the Lakme Fantasy collection ? Let me know by replying below.
Natural Makeup for daytime FOTD
Here’s a quick and easy natural makeup look I tried today which would look great with any casual outfit for a spring day look.
They key to this look is to keep it minimal and fresh. Use a light/medium coverage foundation over well moisturized face with light brown/taupe eyeshadow , pink/peach blush and sheer glossy pink lipstick.
This is the final look:
p.s – My natural eye color is brown. I’m wearing colored lenses here.
1. Light and dark brown coppery eyeshadow (frost) from Essence Quattro eyeshadow quad ’01 Ciao Bella’
2. Maybelline Gel liner black
3. Lotus Herbals kajal
4. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
5. BeYu forest green eyeshadow (optional )
1. Apply the light brown/coppery shade over entire lid
2. Next, apply the darker shade in the other corner and blend.
3. Apply slightly winged eye liner, lots of kajal and smudge the kajal with a little brown/green eyeshadow on the lower lash line.
4. Finish off with a coat of mascara.
Finished eye makeup:
1. The Body Shop oil free foundation ’06 Honey’
2. Chambor Silver shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose Pale’
3. Colorbar blush ‘Crimson Rose’
4. Vega Blush brush
1. Lotus Herbals lip balm ‘Velvety Rose’
2. Chambor lip liner ’03’
3. Bourjois Sweet kiss lipstick ’08 Rose Delicat’ (sheerly applied)
The lipstick I’ve used here is a muted rosy pink with medium coverage which is buildable- perfect for the day or to pair with smokey eyes for the evening. Review coming up soon!
What products do you use for a casual day time look? Let me know you comments by replying below.