I’ve been doing more of subtle look lately so here’s a bold lips look with what else but the classic choice for bold lips..RED!
Bold lips in everyday wear look good with subtle eye and face makeup. It also makes a good combination with softly smoked eyes for a runway or themed look. Pair with neutral colors in clothing and accessories for best effect or at the maximum match with 1 piece of your attire- say shoes or belt or bag.
Read my bold red lips tutorial HERE.
Summary of this look –
On a well moisturized face, conceal required areas, apply light foundation ( I have skipped foundation here) apply reddish cheek tint on the apples of the cheeks with a light hand. Set with compact or loose powder. Alternatively , if using a powder blush, apply compact first and then apply blush. For the eyes, lightly smudge brown eye pencil on lid close to upper lash line and kohl on water line. Apply suitable base on lips ( lip liner, concealer/foundation) and apply red lipstick using brush for precise application.
Products used :
1. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
2. Bourjois Rouge hi-tech tint ’84 Rose pixel’
3. Chambor silver shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose pale’
4. The Body Shop face and body brush (for compact)
1. Bourjois kohl and contour liner ‘Brun expressif’
2. MAC Smolder
3. The Body shop line softening brush
4. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
1. Bourjois rouge hi -tech ’84 Rose pixel’ (as base )
2. Revlon colorburst ‘Crimson’
Revlon Colorburst ‘Crimson’ swatch :
Left : swiped once, right : swiped 3-4 times
This look has been converted from casual day time look to a dressy party look just by addition of the red lipstick and a change of attire and accessories.
Before : (read full post HERE )
AFTER : Change of attire and accessories and addition or red liptick
Do you like sporting the classic red lips ? Which is your favorite red lipstick ? Let me know your comments by replying below.