Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick : ‘Hooked on Pink’ swatch, review and FOTD
Today I’m reviewing Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in shade “Hooked on Pink”.
Price: Rs 299
Quantity : 4.2 g
Maybelline color sensational lipsticks are one of the best lipsticks among the drugstore brands available today. Ever since they launched, they’ve been a popular pick for young girls and women alike because of their wide variety of shades and decent quality and an affordable price.
The shade I have is #65 Hooked on Pink which is a warm fuchsia shade definitely on the brighter side but a more wearable fuchsia for Indian skin tones because of a warm undertone. It is one the shades that I reach out for the most these days. It brightens up my face and I can wear it without foundation and eye makeup too. One of my must-have shades for the summer!
The GOOD about Maybelline Colorsensational lipsticks –
1. Sturdy and chic packaging- I like carrying it with me and doing touch ups cos of this reason 😛 Easy to spot the shade due to colored sticker at the end of the lipstick.
2. Decent moisturization though not as much as Chambor lipsticks.
3. Reasonable staying power of 2-3 hours . Leaves behind tint on fading. Lasts longer if no meals taken in that time.
4. Very affordable pricing and 4.2 g product at Rs 299 . This is one of the biggest pro of this lipstick and one of the reasons why it is so popular especially among young girls.
5. Wide variety of 48 shades to choose from (especially nude shades)
The NOT-SO-GOOD about Maybelline Colorsensational lipsticks-
1. Some of the frosty shades are drying and the shimmer settles in the fine lines and is difficult to take off.
2. Darker shades of wine, plum, brown etc not available in this range as in the Moisture extreme range.
3. Not suitable for dry lips.
Would I repurchase : Yes! Though I won’t need to. Would definitely try out more shades especially nudes since there are lots of them in this range.
Final Verdict : One of the best drugstore brand lipsticks available, it offers smooth texture, decent moisturization and staying power, packaged in a chic and attractive packaging – all for Rs 299 and comes in 45 shades. A must range to explore if you like nude shades. The shade reviewed is a must-have bright pink for me and a must-try for those looking for a wearable bright pink shade but do not buy without trying it on as its not a universal shade and may not be your kind of fuchsia.
Rating : 4/5
Have you tried Maybelline Colorsensational lipsticks? Which is your favorite shade? Let me know your comments by replying below.