Spring/Summer look#10: MAC Vimi Joshi inspired Bubble gum Pink look
Today I’m doing a Bubble gum pink look inspired by MAC Senior Artist Vimi Joshi’s Hot Bubble Gum Pink look ( Quite Cute Collection) recently posted on Twitter by the artist herself. Click HERE to see the inspiration behind this look.
The products used By Vimi J to create this look are from the MAC Quite cute collection. I’ve tried to recreate the look using whatever products I had. Some of the colors(like the lip color) haven’t come out quite right but I enjoyed doing this look! I wouldn’t have normally worn a white+pink combination of eye shadows but I loved the look Vimi Joshi created!
Here’s the final look :
Products used :
1. MAC Select moisture cover concealer NC 45.5
2. NYX Jumbo pencil ‘Milk’
3. Coastal scents 88 palette (pink and white shades)
4. FACES Sparkle dust #38
5. MAC Smolder
6. Maybelline colossal volume mascara
7. Brushes : MAC 222(blending) , FACES eye shadow brush
1. Conceal under eye and apply over the lid also to cover pigmentation.
2. Let the concealer set for a few minutes. Apply NYX jumbo pencil in ‘Milk’ over inner 1/2 of the lid and smudge slightly with a brush.
3. Pat white eye shadow over it to set it (#1 shadow from the Coastal Scents palette shown above).
4. Take the magenta pink shades (#2 and #3 shadows) and apply on outer half of lid and till above crease. Also apply the same on the lower lash line. (I have used 2 shades to get the desired intensity and shade of color). Blend it at the crease and with the white eye shadow to give a smooth transition and to avoid any harsh lines.
5. Pat a little of the Sparkle dust (translucent with pinkish purple shimmer) on the white eye shadow inner half of the lid. Use compact powder under the brows.
6. Apply MAC Smolder (kohl) on waterline. Finish with 2 coats of mascara.
1. MAC Studio fix fluid foundation NC 40
2. Chambor Silver shadow compact ‘RR2 Rose Pale’
3. Colorbar blush- ‘Crimson Rose’
4. Brushes – MAC 188 (foundation), The Body Shop face and body brush(compact) and The Body Shop blush brush
Mixed 2 shades of lipsticks to get a cool toned bright pink lip – didn’t quite get it exact but quite close- Maybelline Colorsensational ‘Hooked on Pink’ and Chambor Silk Touch ‘Silk star’ lipsticks.
Final look :
In different lighting mode-
Hope you liked the look 🙂
Have you tried the bubble gum pink look ? Let me know your comments and suggestions by replying below.
Posted on May 8, 2011, in Coastal Scents, Looks, M.A.C and tagged bubble gum pink makeup, Hot bubble gum pink, MAC Vimi Joshi inspired look, spring summer pink makeup. Bookmark the permalink. 30 Comments.
OMG i was planning to do the same thing once i saw that tweet !
Its such a pretty look..and the model is so beautiful..What lipstick were you planning to wear..I couldn’t get the shade right !
Like how u did yr eyes 🙂
Thank you Mehak 🙂
Oh my, this is very pretty! Love the pink on the eyes, and love the lips too!
I love your look..ankita..Both lipsticks are so gorgeous….
Thank you Prachi 🙂
ankita fo u realize how nice the pics have come out?;0
better than ever b4
u r getting better by the day
n honestly,pinks look good on u:)
what color contacts are those shade n make?
Thank you so much Neha 🙂 You made my day. I’m wearing Bausch and Lomb 2-toned green lenses.
Amazing work Ankita!!! Totally loved it!
The entire makeup looks flawless and just perfect! 🙂
I’m your new follower! 😀
Thank you so much Shruti 🙂 I hope you’ll enjoy reading my posts!
Lovely look. Love the lip color.
Thank you AD 🙂
looking really preety ankita..:) mee to sucker for colour pink.. 😛
Thank you so much Preeti 🙂 Glad you liked it.
this is awesome 🙂
Me loved the overall look….
Thank you so much Varshini 🙂
loved this look…. specially the lipcolour!
Thank you Anks 🙂
i like the eye make up! lovely shades of pink.
Saw it a bit late but better late then never right ? 😉
You are looking veryyyy cute Ankita,googly woogly types 😀 !
Not late at all Ritika 🙂 Thank you!
You are such a doll!!!!!!! 😐
Ohh…okay 😀 D
such a pretty look! 🙂 i love the pink !
Thank you 🙂